Our director, staff, members and volunteers have created a strong, compassionate and vibrant commitment to the needs of lost, found or surrendered animals in our community. The strength of LHS is driven by members who can participate in making important decisions that allow us to continue to creatively and effectively support our mission. Our goal, as it's been for almost 50 years, is to find a loving family for the 1,600 pets annually that receive our care.
Your membership in LHS provides multiple benefits to our community.
- FIRST, your yearly dues provide needed funding for daily shelter expenses which include medical care, staffing, supplies and building upkeep.
- SECOND, as a member you are more aware of what's happening with sheltered animals in our community thru quarterly newsletters and social media. Through social media, lost pets are posted on LHS's Facebook and this website which helps reunite them with their families much more quickly.
- THIRD, the Lakeshore Humane Society requests grants from different foundations; these foundation's decisions are made in part by how well the society is supported by its community.
As a member, you are also entitled to multiple benefits reserved for members:
- 100% tax deductible donation
- Quarterly Wags n' Whiskers Newsletter
- Right to vote at our annual meeting (3rd Tuesday in October)
- Right to attend and provide input at the open Board of Directors meetings held at 6:15pm the third Tuesday of each month at the Chamber of Manitowoc County. Meetings may be held electronically due to CDC COVID recommendations. If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to serve on the Board of Directors or committees
If you prefer you may also download a membership registration form here and mail or deliver to us in person (we would love to see you!).